I am hosting four—count ’em, four—retreats this year, and I’m offering a 10% discount for our SkipJack subscribers! Three of the retreats are for writers, and the other is for readers (and that one is free). And what are writers anyway but readers armed with fast fingers or a thick number two pencil?
First, who am I and why would you come to one of my retreats? Besides that I am an experienced writing coach and believe in a healthy mix of hard work and fun, I’m a USA Today bestseller and Silver Falchion Best Mystery winner and have a whole lot of happy past attendees.
I have some great retreats planned this year:
- Indie Publishing Success Retreat (April, TX)
- Enter to win! READER APPRECIATION WEEK (CONTEST), Free for WINNERS (June, WY)
- JUMPSTART THAT NOVEL (July, WY)
- CRIME FICTION INTENSIVE (October, TX)
In addition to instruction and structured time, all of my retreats include invaluable, informal discussions, home cooked meals, serene settings, and a chance for breaks to enjoy local activities. More information on each retreat can be found at http://pamelafaganhutchins.com/writing-retreats/.
- WINNING IN 2019 INTENSIVE: Publishing Success
April 12-14, Hill Country of TX
Rocket launch your publishing career at a weekend retreat focusing on publishing and promotion strategy.
- Comprehensive workshops on publishing and promotion strategies by Pamela and her uber-assistant, author Bobbye Marrs
- 1-1 sessions with Pamela to brainstorm your strategies
- Dedicated time to work on your own publishing/promotion plan/budget
- Feedback and discussion about your strategies with other retreat participants
- Post-retreat feedback on your publishing/promotion plan/budget from Pamela
- READER APPRECIATION RETREAT WEEK CONTEST WINNERS
JUNE 17-22, Bighorn Mountains of WY
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO ATTEND!
A soul-cleansing week of fun and all things bookish hosted by Pamela on the eastern face of the Bighorn Mountains.
- Enjoy Pamela’s Snowheresville lifestyle with her
- Talk books, books, and more books!
- Attend a live Wine Women & Writing podcast with a bestselling author
- Participate in excursions into the mountains, nearby Western towns, or attractions, as featured in Pamela’s novels
- JUMPSTART THAT NOVEL
July 8-12, Bighorn Mountains of WY
A five-day retreat to help you take your manuscript from woe to wow (or at least “the end!”).
- A critique of the first 50 pages of your novel by Pamela
- Mini-workshops on giving and receiving feedback, finishing your novel, deep novel revision, and more
- Dedicated writing/revision time
- Valuable critique feedback from participants
- Close-out feedback from Pamela on the revised first 10 pages of your novel
- CRIME FICTION INTENSIVE
October 25-27, Hill Country of TX
A weekend writer’s retreat focusing on the craft and art of crime fiction writing.
- Comprehensive workshops on creating tension, character development, atmosphere and setting, red herrings, story structure and elements, creating a “villain,” series writing, and more
- 1-1 critique session with Pamela on your 1st50-pages
- Dedicated time to write
- Feedback and discussion about your work with other retreat participants
For more information, reader contest details, contest entry, or to register for one of the retreats, visit my website, http://bit.ly/PamelaRetreats.
Don’t forget to let me know you’re a SkipJack subscriber for your 10% discount when you contact me to register. Can’t wait to see you at one of these great sessions.
p.s. For unfacilitated retreat space, email pamela at pamelafaganhutchins dot com.
Pamela Fagan Hutchins, USA Today bestseller andwinner of the 2017 Silver Falchion award for
Best Mystery, writes hilarious nonfiction (What Kind of Loser Indie Publishes, and How Can I Be One, Too?), and mystery trilogies in her What Doesn’t Kill You world. She teaches writing, publishing, and promotion at the SkipJack Publishing Online School (where you can take How to Sell a Ton of Books, FREE) and writes about it on the SkipJack Publishing blog.
Pamela resides deep in the heart of Nowheresville, Texas and in the frozen north of Snowheresville, Wyoming. She has a passion for great writing and smart authorpreneurship as well as long hikes and trail rides with her hunky husband, giant horses, and pack of rescue dogs, donkeys, and goats. She also leaps medium-tall buildings in a single bound (if she gets a good running start).